Monday, December 5, 2011

CHRISTIANITY & FREEMASONRY

It says in the blurb describing my From Mason To Minister book on the Nordskog Publishing website http://www.nordskogpublishing.com/book-through-the-lattice.shtml "Neither an apologetic nor a polemic, he corrects much misinterpretation and misunderstanding of Freemasonry."

As one who was converted to Christianity after becoming a Freemason I was immediately assailed by some zealous Christians who, because they perceived some connection of Freemasonry with the occult, urged me to leave the Lodge. As a new Christian I was eventually swayed by these well-meaning people, and cut my ties with Masonry, but was left wondering what all the fuss was about.

Yes, I had read many of those scarey books written by Christians depicting their perceived evils of Freemasonry. However, it seemed to me at the time that, as a Mason who was a Christian, I was missing most of what they were trying to get at. Their writings tended toward different degrees of innacuracy about Masonry.

I am not here trying to defend Freemasonry, I am only trying to be fair to the Craft. I have found an article written by a Church of Scotland minister and practicing Freemason who seeks to set the record straight regarding the compatability of Freemasonry and Christianity. It may or may not surprise you. But in the interest of honesty and truth I think it is worth the time to read. The article is called "Minister First, Then Freemason".
http://www.stbryde.co.uk/articles-and-contributions/152-minister-first-then-a-freemason

I belong to the Presbyterian Church of Queensland which is part of the Presbyterian Church of Australia. So is the Presbyterian Church of Victoria which has produced a paper called "Christianity and Freemasonry". It can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment