Sunday, March 27, 2016

EASTER MORPHING

The word “Easter’ is mentioned in the King James’ version of the Bible, And when he had apprehended him, he put him [Paul] in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.” Acts 12:4. It has to do with the word “paschal’ as in “Paschal Lamb”.
The very first Easter took place at the time of the last Passover, i.e., at the time when “the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world” was sacrificed. The Lord’s Supper, as instituted at that time by Jesus, supersedes the Passover (pascha).
Google the word “Easter” and you’ll get many sites wishing to tell you that it’s a word that belongs to the pagans and reference to their gods, one in particular. Others argue against this understanding of the word. Regardless, Easter means Resurrection Day.
However, more to the point where do Easter eggs come from? From chocolate rabbits? Hen’s eggs morphed into chocolate eggs which morphed into chocolate bunnies which (at least in Australia) are morphing into chocolate bilbies!

Leave my Easter alone, I say! For me Easter is Resurrection Day. Therefore, it is not some pagan god’s day. And the rest of you can eat all the eggs you want, boiled or chocolate. Knock yourselves out! You can eat all the chocolate bunnies (or bilbies) you want too! But for me this is the day that the Paschal Lamb physically rose from the dead.
Today’s the day that I can say
I know my Lord is risen.
He has the key that set me free
From Satan’s dingy prison.  
I took a look into the Book
And saw that it is written,
That Ne'er-do-well, is going to Hell,
The Serpent's head is smitten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment